EMC Systems Engineer - Connectrix - Federal in Washington, District Of Columbia
Systems Engineer II - Pre-Sales
This is an opportunity to enhance your “career path” by leaning Enterprise accounts, customer interaction and portfolio enablement. The role focuses on the Technical Go-To-Market and Business Development activities for our Connectrix family of products and services. Provide sales teams and partners with technical and business solution expertise for networking products and services. Acts as technical expert and trusted advisor to develop and propose Connectrix solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of enterprise and mid-market customers.
• Works with Sales Area leadership and corporate sales operations to collect and qualify target account lists and sales opportunities.
• Prioritize and support account sales opportunities within the region, maximizing the value of Connectrix products and services in support of the account teams strategy and direction. Create and provide technical presentations and input to sales pursuits.
• Assists in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required.
• Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
• Understands the competitive ecosystem within an assigned market.
• Makes technical and sales presentations to EMC technical staff and assigned area field management. Applicable markets: Enterprise, Mid-Market PartnersMakes technical and sales presentations to technical staff and top management.
• Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
• Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to EMC solutions, and train the account team.
• Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Can leads technical sales calls.
• Configures and documents EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and account team sale objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
• SME role in District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings. Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Critical Hiring Criteria
· Knowledge of Data Center Networks including Fiber Channel SAN, TCP/IP, WAN, DWDM, FICON, Brocade and Cisco directors and switches
· Results driven, customer focused with strong time management skills
· BS Degree Computer Science or related field
Engineering - Other
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Virginia - McLean, US - Washington DC