EMC Technical Account Manager (Data Storage Backup) in Sacramento, California
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a post-sales Technical resource within a specific EMC practice. The TAM helps drive technical activities proactively, as well as the customer's technical go-to person during customer service events. The TAM's core attribute is to help the customer avoid problems before they occur and focus to ensure environmental stability. The TAM leverages the support of local and corporate resources attaining a high level of customer satisfaction and identifies, informs, and works with the account team on potential sales opportunities based upon the technical observations within the customer's environment. The TAM ensures best support practices within the customer's environment and strives toward delivering consistent service levels by exceeding customer expectations. The TAM will be responsible for providing technical recommendations based on the data obtained during the weekly, monthly and quarterly reports provided to the customer.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The TAM ensures best practices are being adhered to within the customer's environment and strives toward delivering consistent service levels by exceeding customer expectations and avoid customer escalations.
• Helps manage and coordinate the processing, communication, and implementation of the technical related changes, including changes related to customer requests, Field Change Order (FCO),reconfigurations, and is engaged on all upgrade and execution plans
• Maintains awareness of all complex service matters including Technical Solutions implementations and activities
• Reporting will include (and not limited to) technical performance trending, code level review/recommendations, and a review of relevant Service Requests open within a customer's environments
• Can explain technical problems and solutions to technically literate team/client members.
• Ensures effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources.
• Builds value-added relationships within the domain of the account to become the trusted advisor.
Familiar with data storage backup fundamentals
Experience with complex data storage backup environments
Experience with backup software and hardware products
Experience with disaster recovery processes and work flow
Preferred experience with Data Domain, Avamar, Networker, as well as any other backup software products.
Understand industry trends.
Bachelors (Non -Technical)
Experience Required: 7+ years relevant experience
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Customer Service & Support
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - California - Irvine, US - California - Los Angeles, US - California - Pleasanton, US - California - Sacramento, US - California - San Diego, US - North Carolina - Raleigh