EMC Account Manager, Mid Market in New York City, New York
The Isilon Storage Division of EMC is the global leader in scale-out data storage systems. Our
scale-out storage platform is a powerful, yet simple way to manage data
and applications, enabling enterprises to expect much more from their
storage. Limitless capacity in a single file system? Yes! Industry-leading performance? Yes! Application consolidation? Yes!
Simply put, we have the world’s best product for solving the challenges
of the fastest growing segment of the storage industry. Sound
interesting? If you thrive in results-oriented environments and have
high expectations for yourself and for others, take a closer look at EMC
Isilon, recently named the Best Place to Work in Washington State by
the Puget Sound Business Journal.
Isilon wants to talk to candidates interested in the following opportunity:
We are seeking professional sales over-achievers with excellent
communication skills and a consistent track record of exceeding quota in
a fast paced sales environment. Successful applicants possess knowledge
of file-based storage, professionalism, integrity, strong presentation
and collaboration skills, and a passion for winning.
Under limited direction, your focus will be to meet and exceed assigned
quota, build territory revenue, prospect and close named accounts
against established competition through individual initiative and by
leveraging the core EMC Sales Team and professional resources.
Establish and nurture relationships with all levels of customer
organizations as appropriate, departmental through line of business and
CxO. Assimilate specific vertical market background, requirements, and
infrastructure attributes, and apply this knowledge to sell Isilon
solutions. Execute account strategies and coordinate team-selling
efforts with core selling team for a portfolio to close business on a
quarterly and annual basis. Manage all Isilon opportunities, maintaining
accurate forecasting and communication with management. Drive customer
satisfaction in all assigned accounts.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience selling enterprise storage, experience with file based storage is preferred.
• Strong experience managing multi-tiered customer relationships. Demonstrated
ability to penetrate and close new accounts and opportunities.
• Strategic account planning experience; history of proactive creation and ongoing
management of detailed account plans for a portfolio.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment, fostering communication
within specialized and core sales teams, while promoting independent
activities and parallel efforts.
• Ability to work closely with a partner channel to drive a high percentage of territory sales.
• Consistent track record of exceeding quota while maintaining customer loyalty and required product margins.
• Excellent communication, team work, presentation, problem solving, and time management skills.
Knowledge of the computer industry, especially file-base storage, networking, infrastructure and storage products.
• Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Competitive, refuse-to-lose attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent team building and listening skills.
• BA/BS in Business, Management, Computer Science, or Engineering fields.
• Ability to manage channel partners as needed.
• Experience with high-performance-computing and/or environments with large data requirements a significant plus.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Ability to influence others to achieve results.
Customer Service skills.
Problem solving skills.
Solid understanding of the competition.
Understanding of EMC's products and their value added to the customer.
ECD / CTD Sales
205 - ISILON
US - Florida - Tampa, US - New York - New York City