EMC Functional Portfolio Manager in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Dell EMC’s Portfolio Management and Configuration Team (PMCT) provides an enterprise-wide service to Dell EMC business manufacturing, operations and sales units; charged with delivering the highest quality master data, ordering tools and best practices/governance.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The Functional Portfolio Manager (FPM) is a member of a Product Oriented Delivery (POD) team assigned by the PMCT to serve the needs of specific Divisional Business Units within Dell EMC. As the PMCT primary point of contact, the FPM represents the needs, goals and objectives of the Business Unit(s) with respect to Material Creation & Change, and Product Configuration for successful orderability. They will have familiarity with the Regatta process flow and associated documents (PRD: Product Requirements Document, PCD: Product Commit Document). The FPM holds responsibility for shepherding BU Material Creation and MyQuotes solution needs from business requirements to a working configuration that meets those requirements. The FPM is part of a dedicated team focused on enabling Go-To-Market (GTM) definition of the product inclusive of coordination of activities across Material, BOM, and Configuration development. They are accountable for implementing ‘best practices’, common standards, and cross-business unit collaboration.
At a high-level the FPM performs the following functions:
• Leading discussions with product BU, Services, Support, GHE, and Sales organizations on a regular basis to ensure alignment & to facilitate communication for MyQuotes requirements and deliveries
• Shared ownership with BU Representatives to understand and represent requirements of New Product Introduction and Steady State needs
• Requirements facilitation, elicitation, and creation alongside a PMCT Business Analyst
• Acts as an advocate for the needs of the business with regards to Material Creation, Configuration and Orderability
• Has ongoing discussions with BU around Product Roadmaps, Go-To-Market Strategies, and Strategic Priorities
• Collects PMCT metrics for their POD and presents to management and BUs
• Lead a cross-functional & cross-geographical team to track and drive deliverables to completion
• Extremely organized with an understanding of the Regatta lifecycle process inclusive of the: PRD, PCD content & tie-ins of those requirements to MyQuotes
• Ability to thrive in a high pressure, highly interactive environment focused on business/market needs
• Ability to handle escalations, influence both up and throughout the company, and ability to manage expectations
• Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills
• Creative and service-oriented
• Ability to represent the PMCT in the Product Management Team (PMT) and Business Management Team (BMT) meetings
• A background in SAP Sales Solution Configurator (SSC) is a plus
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Product Management, Administrative Services & Operations, Engineering - Other
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton